decals details and reproductions

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Frank Murch
Site Admin
Your Location: San Diego

decals details and reproductions

Post by Frank Murch »

Here is my collection of early Snap On labels. I am thinking of reproducing these (Thinking and doing are different things) I don't know how long this would take. I am wondering if anybody has an interest in getting these and what decals are missing. Maybe this is the start on a collection.

Do you have any date ranges for these OR decals I don't have?? Love to be able to start a collection of stickers

I know this is newer than 1930/1 and older than 1940. I think it was used on Ferret sets. If you have a better picture - I am interested
snapon-sticker.jpg
snapon-sticker.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
I know this is around WWII, it was used on Ferret sets and maybe a lot of other boxes - Any date range info would help.
snapon-label.jpg
snapon-label.jpg (541.03 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
I know this is early - 1930s ?? It was used on small sets, Supersets and maybe a lot of other boxes - Any date range info would help.
Label-Snap-on-socket-800.jpg
Label-Snap-on-socket-800.jpg (182.1 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
ken-johnson-decal-super-service-set-1923-400.jpg
ken-johnson-decal-super-service-set-1923-400.jpg (38.92 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
1923 Superset Label
1923-label.jpg
1923-label.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2403 times
Pre 1927 automotive sets
707-set-label.jpg
707-set-label.jpg (368 KiB) Viewed 2403 times
toolnut

Re: decals details and reproductions

Post by toolnut »

Frank, I started a thread a while back that focused on the midget decals. http://www.collectingsnapon.com/forum/v ... lit=decals

I still think an index of labels, decal and logos would be a neat project and a great view of SO styling changes over the years. I'll add what I can.
snapmom

Post by snapmom »

The first one is like mid 30s to very early 40s. Second 40s to very early 50s.
Frank Murch
Site Admin

Midget decals details and reproductions

Post by Frank Murch »

Sorry I did not pick up on this from the start "toolnut". Sometimes I am just in my own world.

I think you posted 5 decals. I found them and grabbed them off the post (below).

I am working with a guy who is quoting the reproduction of the ones I orginally posted (one looks like it is the same as one of yours). If you would like (I would like - very much) can you get me the sizes and a clear photo (the more detail, more resolution the better). On the photo, it would be easiest to work with a straight on perspective – that is straight down with no angles.

If this is of interest – I will get these quoted at the same time.

It does look like a decal collection with reproductions is possible!!!

Midget-wrench-set.jpg
Midget-wrench-set.jpg (25.22 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Midget-outside.png
Midget-outside.png (190.96 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Midget-set.jpg
Midget-set.jpg (32.63 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Midget-oval.jpg
Midget-oval.jpg (12.3 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Midget-inside-A.jpg
Midget-inside-A.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
snapy64

Post by snapy64 »

here is a more complete decal than the one you have
Photo 001-1 (Changed).jpg
Photo 001-1 (Changed).jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
dodgepu1946
Your Location: Minneapolis MN

Post by dodgepu1946 »

Its obviously a lot newer but I've love to get one of the stickers that says "I make my living with snap on tools please don't ask to borrow them". Anyone know of a source?
hlszrs4
Your Location: South Central Pennsylvania

Post by hlszrs4 »

dodgepu1946 wrote:Its obviously a lot newer but I've love to get one of the stickers that says "I make my living with snap on tools please don't ask to borrow them". Anyone know of a source?
Good morning dodgepu1946. The stickers you are asking about are on ebay right now. Search for snap on toolbox stickers and go aobut 1/2 way down the 2nd page.
dodgepu1946
Your Location: Minneapolis MN

Post by dodgepu1946 »

hlszrs4 wrote:
dodgepu1946 wrote:Its obviously a lot newer but I've love to get one of the stickers that says "I make my living with snap on tools please don't ask to borrow them". Anyone know of a source?
Good morning dodgepu1946. The stickers you are asking about are on ebay right now. Search for snap on toolbox stickers and go aobut 1/2 way down the 2nd page.
Thanks for the heads up I placed a bid. Dad has this sticker on his box that he bought new in the early 70s. Be great to match him.
alfajuj
Your Location: Taiwan

Post by alfajuj »

It would be best to use a scanner and lay the box right on the scanner. That way there won't be distortion like there always is with a camera. Then someone can use photoshop to fix them up and then reproduction decals could be created from that image. I would love to get a repro of the triangle decal for my KRA280!
Does anyone have a new old stock decal? That would be even better.
Or are there any image files on the net somewhere with those decal images?

Are there any reproduction decals already out there for sale? I've never seen any.
Frank Murch
Site Admin

Post by Frank Murch »

I do not think these reproductions exist.

I totally agree with the flat panel scanner