1/2 and 5/8 ratchet plug

Members of this board can list items they wish to sell privately. The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people selling items on this board, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.
Forum rules
The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people wishing to buy or sell items, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.

Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Frank Murch
Site Admin
Your Location: San Diego

1/2 and 5/8 ratchet plug

Post by Frank Murch »

This is a new, hardened ratchet plug. It fits ratchets made by Proto, Snap on, Craftsman and many other antique or vintage ratchets. The originals are commonly lost, here is the ideal replacement. These are generally pre 1931 ratchets where the plug is removable and you reverse the direction “on” and “off” by putting the plug in the opposite side. This is modern manufacture and includes hardening, the ball detent in improved and works well than the original. The balls are hardened as well. This is stronger and better than the original. The cost for forum members for the 1/2 plug is $12. The ebay price is $15. The 5/8 inch plug is $20 for forum members and $25 on ebay. I also have a larger one that I will post soon
Plug.JPG
Plug.JPG (26.25 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Plug.JPG
Plug.JPG (26.25 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Attachments
Plug-spring.JPG
Plug-spring.JPG (25.37 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
agmechjake

Re: 1/2 and 5/8 ratchet plug

Post by agmechjake »

I assume shipping is extra? any pics?
Frank Murch
Site Admin

Post by Frank Murch »

Postage is included in the lower 48
deanfedwards

Post by deanfedwards »

Hello Frank, after finding that you have these drive plugs, could I get a dimension between the detent balls? I am trying to replace a damaged Armstrong 1/2 drive plug. This is for a tool I still use for torquing aircraft wing bolts. I was suprised to find the aircraft manufacturer does not offer just the drive plug. Unless the design they sell now does not still use the plug. Very interesting sight by the way. I never really thought of collecting old tools, I guess maybe some day my children will hopefully be enjoying my tool set as well for the same reason.

Thanks
Dean
RedStarr1000
Your Location: Los Angeles, CA U.S.A.

Post by RedStarr1000 »

Hi Frank, I was wondering if these plugs are still available... Please email me if they are redstarr1000@msn.com
callmedh
Your Location: Georgia

Post by callmedh »

same question...are these still available?
Frank Murch
Site Admin

Post by Frank Murch »

YES, if you want to send me an email, it would help f.murch@sbcglobal.net