rail removal for cleaning

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
pepflyer
Your Location: Arizona

rail removal for cleaning

Post by pepflyer »

I have what seems to be an early 50's Rolla-Bench, maybe a KRH 300. I have all the drawers out and was wondering if I should remove the drawer rails for soaking and cleaning. How do I remove them? I have been told how to clean them. Pepflyer
pepflyer

Re: rail removal for cleaning

Post by pepflyer »

Back to my June 8th post on my 50's vintage Rolla-Bench cabinet. I have the drawers out and am looking at the removable side drawer guides. I have one that is slightly bent and causes the drawer to be a little tight on movement. I have tried straightening it, but it is very difficult. Can I buy a new rail and if so, how would I identify it to Snap-On? Does anyone have a phone no. for Snap-On parts Dept? Thanks for any suggestions. Pepflyer
pepflyer

Post by pepflyer »

Back to my June 8th post on my 50's vintage Rolla-Bench cabinet. I have the drawers out and am looking at the removable side drawer guides. I have one that is slightly bent and causes the drawer to be a little tight on movement. I have tried straightening it, but it is very difficult. Can I buy a new rail and if so, how would I identify it to Snap-On? Does anyone have a phone no. for Snap-On parts Dept? Thanks for any suggestions. Pepflyer
snapmom

Post by snapmom »

Sometimes you can correct it using a vise. You can call snap on at 877-777-8455. If they do not have that length, get a longer one and cut it down.
What length is it?
pepflyer

Post by pepflyer »

The length of the rail I was trying to straighten is 12 5/16" Pepflyer
snapmom

Post by snapmom »

If you can't get one from Snappy, I have a used one that size. Holler at me if you want it.
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »