KR562 Restoration

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
engelhe
Your Location: Pittsburgh, PA

KR562 Restoration

Post by engelhe »

I have a KR562 that I am trying to get restored. I need to remove & replace the trim on the 4 corners and I am not sure how it comes off or if it can be replaced. I also need to remove the sliding doors on the sides and it seems like all of the metal is spot welded in place. I would like to find someone locally (Pittsburgh, PA) to do the restoration but can't seem to find someone that does this type of work.The only place I have seen is Ricks Restorations in Las Vegas & shipping would be a killer. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
34023739-557-Snap-On-KR562-Tool-Box-Taco-Cart.jpg
34023739-557-Snap-On-KR562-Tool-Box-Taco-Cart.jpg (22.45 KiB) Viewed 3806 times
KR537D
Your Location: Georgia

Re: KR562 Restoration

Post by KR537D »

Honestly, your best bet is to do the restoration yourself, or use as is. If you pay someone to redo it, you'll have a ton more money in it than it's worth.

"I also need to remove the sliding doors on the sides" What do you mean by this? You're unsure how to take the drawers out?

Can you post more pics, and tell us exactly what the issues with the box are? From what I'm seeing, it doesn't look too bad.
engelhe

Post by engelhe »

This isn't my box. I'll get some pics of mine soon. It's not the drawers that I can't remove it is the doors on the side that slide. They are binding & I believe they are suppose to have plastic slides. I know I will have more money into it than it is worth but the box was my Dad's so it is more about the sentimental value than the money. He passed away and it is one of the few things left.
KR537D
Your Location: Georgia

Post by KR537D »

Okay, understood. I still recommend you do the work yourself, though. Will be much more satisfying. If you need specific info, don't hesitate to PM me.

Looking forward to seeing the pics of your box.
engelhe

Post by engelhe »

Here are the Pics.
Attachments
#4.jpg
#4.jpg (40.72 KiB) Viewed 3726 times
#3.jpg
#3.jpg (43.4 KiB) Viewed 3726 times
#2.jpg
#2.jpg (40.83 KiB) Viewed 3726 times