Vintage Snap-On Ratchet

Members of this board can list items they wish to sell privately. The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people selling items on this board, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.
Forum rules
The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people wishing to buy or sell items, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.

Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
nthlight71
Your Location: Idaho, United States

Vintage Snap-On Ratchet

Post by nthlight71 »

I have a very old ratchet that I am trying to sale. I've attempted to identify it so that I could give more info to you guys about it and the only thing I know for sure about it is that it has an upside down G between the on and off selector. I am open to e reasonable price so if you are interested then please contact me asap. I have pictures of it for you to view and it is in working condition.
JUNKMAN
Your Location: 41 N X -77 W

Re: Vintage Snap-On Ratchet

Post by JUNKMAN »

post pic please.
nthlight71

Post by nthlight71 »

If you'll contact me by text I'll send them to you. I tried to post them on here but couldn't figure it out. 702 782 7468
JUNKMAN

Post by JUNKMAN »

I don't text, what is your price and what is the model #?
nthlight71

Post by nthlight71 »

The model number is No 71N and it has an upside down G in between the on and off selector. I have seen it listed for as high as $100 and as low as $26 so I'll ask 50 for it and or you can make an offer????
JUNKMAN

Post by JUNKMAN »

I don't mean to lowball but not seeing it and not having a use for a tool that old (seems to be from the 30s) I would be a player for 10 bucks but no more, It would probably end up in my "For Trade" box. Thanks, let me know
JUNKMAN

Post by JUNKMAN »

Please check the date chart in the "Resources" section on the home page of this site and tell me what the year is I can't tell without seeing it, also does it have an "F" in front of the model # you gave me? I cant find any info on it the closest to what you told me is the F-71N witch was made in the 70s if it is one of those I am a player since most of my stuff is from the 70s so.........Let me know. Thanks!
nthlight71

Post by nthlight71 »

There is no F it is No. 71N. If you search for this in the search box it will bring up a post by us and a Billygoat the pictures that he has up are the exact same ratchet. I found the G code was for 1945.
JUNKMAN

Post by JUNKMAN »

Ok, what about my offer. Will you trade?
nthlight71

Post by nthlight71 »

Sorry but I'd just as soon keep it for ten dollars. I might be open to a trade depending upon what it is. My issue is that I am moving from Idaho to Cali here in the next month or so. I'll wait to hear back from you on the trade stuff.