Wanted: MT-358C or MT-362B Batt Post Adaptor

Members can post items they're looking for here. The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people who want to buy or sell things. Please use caution as you would on CraigsList.
Forum rules
The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people wishing to buy or sell items, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.

Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Charles
Your Location: Texas. Is there anyplace else?

Wanted: MT-358C or MT-362B Batt Post Adaptor

Post by Charles »

New to this Snap-On Tool list, but not to Snap-On Tools.. Bought my first Snap-On tools in 1965ish.. a
3/8" Drive set of Metric Sockets (9mm-19mm).. After I became a professional mechanic (circa 1967),
I met H.E. Singley, the Snap-On dealer for the downtown Ft. Worth (Texas) area..
Needless to say, I have bought a LOT of Snap-On tools (from some half dozen dealers) over the past four
decades.
Now to the "Wanted" part.. I have, among other testers, an MT-402D Alternator/Generator/Regulator
Tester. It was missing a couple of pieces when I got it (for free! Great Price!!), I have since obtained the
MT-316B Field Rheostat and now need the MT-358C or MT-362B Battery Post Adaptor to complete the set and
make it fully functional... (I even have a "period" MT-340B Battery Load Tester, Love that tester!) I use to
do restorations on classic cars and one of our Daily Drivers is a '70 Datsun 510 (that we purchased new in April '70.
The rest are older, going back to my 1953 Jaguar XK120 DropHead Coupe. (purchased in '67 when I was still in college).
Please contact me if you have one of the above mentioned Battery Post Adaptors and are interested in selling it.
Thanks. Charles.
indycrmac
Your Location: Fontana, Ca.

Re: Wanted: MT-358C or MT-362B Batt Post Adaptor

Post by indycrmac »

Charles,

I ran across one of these on ebay this morning.

Kind regards,
John

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UNUSUAL ... 4608f4bcef
Charles

Post by Charles »

John;
I appreciate the "Heads Up".. That is exactly the piece I am looking for.. Thanks.
Charles.
HLAV1
Your Location: INDIANA

Post by HLAV1 »

Ya a few days ago I wrote him and told him what it was but it's missing some parts, it's not complete
Charles

Post by Charles »

HLAV1 wrote:Ya a few days ago I wrote him and told him what it was but it's missing some parts, it's not complete
Yes, it missing a "knurl knob" at least and, whatever goes between the knob and the taper on the threaded post.
My MT-402D Instruction Booklet only shows simple (6th grade) "stick-figure" type drawings of the MT-358C.. The text in the instructions and my fuzzy memory (from when I last used an MT-402 35+ years ago) recall the purpose of the two knurl knobs was to "open" a circuit thru one post while closing the circuit on the other (and vice-versa), thus isolating the volt tests from the amp tests.
If I win the bid on the item, I believe it will work "good enough" to suit my purposes of needing to test the odd charging system now and again..
As a sidebar, I "scored" a mint condition MT-316 Field Rheostat off eBay last week.. I paid "dirt cheap" for it...
Again, I appreciate your help..
Charles