1988 SNAP ON Space Heater 40.225.300

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
craig2001
Your Location: wales

1988 SNAP ON Space Heater 40.225.300

Post by craig2001 »

Hi there, New to the site and have spent some time trying to find some information on an item I picked up recently and am looking to get back to working order.

The item in Question is a Snap On space heater with a product code 40.225.300, It came to me as unable to light and after some tinkering it seemed to be a fuel issue when I tested the air pump it was making up to around 5psi but was all over the place.
After popping the head off the pump to my surprise i found that the valve that sealed the intake/exhaust was shattered but some how has caused no internal damage.
As this valve was held on with a standard Phillips head screw I assume it was considered a serviceable part but being that the heater was produced in 1988 I would imagine finding parts to be difficult.

I am looking for any information of somewhere which might stock parts such as these, any data sheets & manuals on the heater or even a snap on brochure as I cannot find anything, It is almost like they never made such a heater.

Here are some photos.

As you can see the compressor powered by the fan

And inside this is what awaited me. the valve in 3 pieces

Here you can see the seat and what is a metalic strip which is actually what becomes air tight when pressed upon by the valve.

If anyone can shed some light it would be great.

Thanks Craig