End Bumpers for KRA-396 Tool Cart Handles

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.

End Bumpers for KRA-396 Tool Cart handles by using a 3D printer

Poll ended at Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:38 pm

Yes I want a pair
No votes
No thanks
No votes

Total votes: 0

AToolGuy
Your Location: western Ohio

End Bumpers for KRA-396 Tool Cart Handles

Post by AToolGuy »

Hi,
I can make a limited amount of End Bumpers for KRA-396 Tool Cart handles by using a 3D printer. The bumpers are 3D printed in urethane, not rubber. They are a close reproduction, but not exact. This part is no longer offered by Snap-On. You may notice the part is not totally flat but a little bowed. That is from the adhesion of the plastic to the 3D printer bed. When mounted on the toolbox handle it is not very noticeable. The bumper fits a bit loose like the original. It takes about 4 to 5 hours to print a pair of these. The handle number is KR-402A.
Who might be interested in a pair of these? I have yet to set a price. Up to now I have had to use a printer 65 miles from home, so the expense has been mostly gas to and from the printer maker space. However a new maker space will be available 35 miles from home after April 18th.
I am just seeing what demand may be out there. Please use the poll attached. Thanks.
Attachments
3D Printed KRA-396 Bumpers for KR-402A Handle 2_compressed.JPG
3D Printed KRA-396 Bumpers for KR-402A Handle 2_compressed.JPG (78.38 KiB) Viewed 1467 times
3D Printed KRA-396 Bumpers for KR-402A Handle 1_compressed.JPG
3D Printed KRA-396 Bumpers for KR-402A Handle 1_compressed.JPG (79.83 KiB) Viewed 1467 times