Help with old SO box Identification, please

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
stooler
Your Location: Atlanta North

Help with old SO box Identification, please

Post by stooler »

I acquired what I believe is a 60's era Snap On roller box, but am unable to confirm its model number. It has 4 drawers with a bottom hatch. Lowering the hatch cover locks the 4 drawers. The two larger drawers have double slides for increased weight capacity. Badge placement looks to me to be relocated (see pix) and please note there are two holes in the top apron on right side (where I think original badging would have been located).
I am planning on selling it, but do not want to sell as a Snap On if someone has rebadged a fake Snap On box. Any help, much appreciated. old sam
Attachments
Front Closed.jpg
Front Closed.jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Right Open.jpg
Right Open.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 841 times
rowz1
Your Location: New Jersey

Re: Help with old SO box Identification, please

Post by rowz1 »

It looks like a KRA279, probably 60's to early 70's. There should be a "Date" stamped in back. Upper left
stooler
Your Location: Atlanta North

Post by stooler »

I checked with the KRA listings, and the KRA 279 model is quite different from my toolbox (but, thank you very much for the response).
The best I can come up with is a KRA-352A but that one does not appear to have a door over the bottom opening.
Any other inputs will be greatly appreciated. stooler - CBSA since 1974
Billygoat
Your Location: PA

Post by Billygoat »

The logo and handle are exactly the same as my 1975 bottom box that I bought new (and still have). So,I would say it is mid 70's vintage.
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »

Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо