lock assembly

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
clutchpegger
Your Location: b.c.

lock assembly

Post by clutchpegger »

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I recently began the process of restoring an old toolbox my father had in his garage. He passed on 16 years ago and I just couldn't see it get tossed out as my mother is cleaning up the garage getting ready to sell the home. so i dragged it back across the country. its a kra-377, its seen better days but I'm going to get it functional again. snap on has already warrantied the slides for the drawers and now im trying to figure out how to replace the lock mechanism. The lock was completely removed some time ago and i have no parts to work with. there are to hinges internally the run vertically up the back of the box on either side. I'm guessing there is some sort of rod mechanism that connects to these? the box does not have the lower drawers,just an insert to cover where they drawers go.
If anyone can point me in the right direction to figure this out i would greatly appreciate it. if you have pictures from a similar box that would really help.
thank you.
JPGarrod
Your Location: Suffolk, UK

Re: lock assembly

Post by JPGarrod »

Had an issue with lock on my chest. Have you spoken to local Snap on guy? Mine was very helpful and showed me that pretty much all locks are interchangeable. Certainly was in my case.
Hope this helps.
J