11 drawer top box

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
BASSGUY
Your Location: PALMYRA NY

11 drawer top box

Post by BASSGUY »

Hello, new to the website. I have a Rolla bench and what appears to be a Snap On upper box but it is an 11 drawer. Looks like all the 9 drawers I have seen online but this one has additional 2 doors and a lower front fold down door. Both on CL at the moment but really would like to know what the top box is. I also have them up for what I think was a very reasonable amount of money but little activity so I am not sure if its the time of the year or if I am that far off base from my asking price. Figured someone on this website would be able to help. Thank you so much for looking. I have attached the link so you can see the pictures of the upper box.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/tls/5903510718.html
WickedMainer
Your Location: Southern Maine

Re: 11 drawer top box

Post by WickedMainer »

Have you looked at the date stamps on back, or at least for them. Same goes for the bottom box if you want to know year. On my boxes looking from back they are usually stamped on bottom or top right. It will state model and two digit date. If there is no stamp it probably isn't a snap on as those vintages are stamped. I haven't seen a box with the fold down front on the bottom, but I have only been looking at vintage boxes a couple years.
BASSGUY
Your Location: PALMYRA NY

Post by BASSGUY »

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The paint is pretty thick on both. There was some light rust on the bottom of the Rolla Bench so I sanded a 8 or so inch square of paint off and found no numbers so I am thinking they must be in the upper right. That is a good idea so if no one comes up with anything else soon maybe I will just soda blast all the paint off both boxes in those areas and see what if anything is there.
snapmom

Post by snapmom »

sometimes it is on the side, sometimes it is on the front
Image.
WickedMainer
Your Location: Southern Maine

Post by WickedMainer »

Didn't realize they put any on the front. Only 1 year newer than the 352 I have too.
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »

Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting