Inherited tools

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
whlewis
Your Location: Illinois

Inherited tools

Post by whlewis »

Hi,

I'm new to the forum, but I'm hoping someone can help. I've inherited a big quantity of mechanic's tools from my father-in-law. I am not a mechanic and have no knowledge of many of these tools. I've got a lot of stuff but I'll start with some of the larger tools and the tool chests themselves. I've attached some pictures. Any help concerning what the tools are, vintage and possible value would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Attachments
Both tool chests
Both tool chests
IMG_1093.JPG (117.21 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
More Snap-on
More Snap-on
IMG_1092.JPG (135.88 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
These are all Snap-on and one Blue Point
These are all Snap-on and one Blue Point
IMG_1091.JPG (128.81 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
rustynuts
Your Location: Ontario

Re: Inherited tools

Post by rustynuts »

All Snap-on hand tools are model# marked. Search eBay with the model# and see what pops up for pricing. Your pic shows a torque wrench and a flywheel turning tool, brake, front end, and pullers. The Snap-on tool boxes look to be in pretty good shape. If relatively damage free and if the drawer slides operate smoothly, they will be desirable. Your second post shows a bunch of impact sockets which always bring some good money if not beat up too badly. You have your work cut out for you but some of this stuff is worth a fair chunk of cash.
whlewis
Your Location: Illinois

Re: Inherited tools

Post by whlewis »

Thank you. Your advice will at least get me started. The tool box drawers slide just fine. I have another one that hasn't been posted yet, filled with arbors and body repair equipment.