3/8" F720 conversion to quik release

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
lane in LA
Your Location: LA

3/8" F720 conversion to quik release

Post by lane in LA »

I recently acquired a 3/8" ratchet numbered F720 and wondered if it might be possible to convert it to a quick release if I could find a kit on ebay. I frequently see repair kits for sale on various models, new and old, and am curious if such a conversion is even possible.

Thanks,

Lane in Mount Hermon
snapmom

Re: 3/8" F720 conversion to quik release

Post by snapmom »

I think it would work. you would need a rkraf723 kit. you can order one from snap on
https://shop.snapon.com/product/supplem ... T/RKRAF723
you will need to replace everything, all the guts. loose the cover plate.
lane in LA

Post by lane in LA »

Thanks a million snapmom. I somehow suspected it might be possible given the similarity between the 2 ratchets. I will order the repair kit today. On a side note, yesterday I purchased off ebay a WWII midget socket set and am excited beyond words. It appears to be all original compared to a couple of other offerings on the same venue. I would like to post photos when received ...... for any and all commentary from this forum regarding details and back story.

lane
snapmom

Post by snapmom »

Look forward to seeing the set. If you have trouble with the conversion, you can send it to me, have done a few.
lane in LA

Post by lane in LA »

Thank you for that offer. Attempted to purchase the kit this morning but it was backordered and my order wasn't completed. Maybe they don't process backorders or I may have done something wrong. I have an account and have ordered before but not with something that wasn't in stock. I appreciate you! More on the WWII midget socket set when it comes in.
lane
lane in LA

Post by lane in LA »

Eureka snapmom! Found a kit rkraf723 on ebay! It's on the way. thanks