1930-32 Super Service Set.

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
snapmom

1930-32 Super Service Set.

Post by snapmom »

A 30-32 super service set. Has Snap on Chicago stamped on both sides. Also has the brass tag on one side. I built this using 12 and 8 pt. sockets and speeders/tee that have the collar stop, as that would be better fitting to a Chicago stamped set, the 31 cat shows 12/8 pts. I still need a 11/16 8pt, a couple of flex sockets and a 31-33 universal. Thanks to all the collectors who helped in finding the tools for this, the early 30s tools are hard to find..
J.A.F.E.
Your Location: Mojave desert

Re: 1930-32 Super Service Set.

Post by J.A.F.E. »

That is really nice and in really good shape.

I was looking at the pix and thinking about how someone made a living out of the box maybe for an entire career and it's still looking ready to go for more.
JeremyManning

Post by JeremyManning »

Thanks for sharing snapmom, most of us would never get the chance to see a set like that if it wasn't for forums like this.
toolnut

Post by toolnut »

One of the nicest sets I have ever seen. Thanks again for sharing.
craftsmannut
Your Location: northeast

Post by craftsmannut »

Hi everyone.

First time poster here. I found this site thanks to one of snapmom's link from the garagejournal site.(longtime lurker there)

I have been collecting Craftsman tools for a while now.(30 years)

I happen to have the exact steel case snapmom has,(a little rougher looking) without the embossing on the case. It has the same prass tag, and spring handles, also 2 square extensions, and 13 - 1/2" 6point sockets. (one socket is 7/8" drive, weird!)I am going to sell them for a friend. I will post pictures on Tuesday. I have some pics now, but the file size is too big, and I don't know how to reduce them. I will take new pictures on Monday, with my camera set to a smaller file size.

Snapmon, you may have the first offer if you would like them. I have seen pics of part of your collection, and it is awesome!

I will just be the middle man for my friend. He has no computer skills, so I am doing this for him.

Thanks!
-Craftsmannut
toolnut

Post by toolnut »

If snapmom passes, you should have plenty of interest here, myself included. Looking forward to pics.
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Post by Gregorygoard »