Complete 3 box tool box set KRA 1822 (Whats a good price?)

Members of this board can list items they wish to sell privately. The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people selling items on this board, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.
Forum rules
The owner of this board assumes no responsibility for the actions of people wishing to buy or sell items, it is merely for provided as an informational service. Use caution as you would with CraigsList.

Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
atomicdaddy
Your Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Complete 3 box tool box set KRA 1822 (Whats a good price?)

Post by atomicdaddy »

I have inherited this really nice 3 box set from my father who was a Snap-On Salesman from 70 to 73 in Orange County, Ca. The top box is the KRA 61C with 9 drawers and the locking flip down top, the mid is the 3 drawer pull out locking front door and the bottom is the 11 drawer roll-front locking door box. This complete set was very expensive when they were new and I know that the comparable set today is virtually untouchable for home mechanics like me. I found that the NEW box like the one that i have is $1200 by itself.

I was thinking of parting with these for the right price as I am in need of a new drone for my work. They are a bit dusty and I will be shining them up this week. All the drawers roll just like a new cabinet and the locking front doors are all completely functional and without physical flaws. The paint on some spots is a bit old but still OK condition.

if anyone has a suggestion for a price I am open for suggestions. I have seen other rather beat up sets selling for as much as $4000 but I am not sure there is a market for these old boxes now and I do have a sentimental attachment to this set as well.

macother
Your Location: United States

Re: Complete 3 box tool box set KRA 1822 (Whats a good price

Post by macother »

Those are beautiful! Don't clean them too hard. Those should command a good price for that series. Good luck with the sale.
cyclinboy
Your Location: Massachsetts

Re: Complete 3 box tool box set KRA 1822 (Whats a good price

Post by cyclinboy »

Hello, are any of these boxes still available? I'd be interested in the top chest, perhaps the middle as well.
Please let me know. Thx JP
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Re: Complete 3 box tool box set KRA 1822 (Whats a good price?)

Post by Gregorygoard »