Radkitplusa gauge stuck

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
jadidaskv
Your Location: Boston, MA

Radkitplusa gauge stuck

Post by jadidaskv »

So i bought the radkitplusa used and the first time i used it, it worked great. The gauge was down at 0, went up to 25, filled the system great, then i put it away. Well then realized the rad was clogged so swapped out the radiator, hooked the radkitplusa back up, and i realized the gauge was still stuck at 25. Couldnt get it to come down. Didnt have time to mess w it too much since i had to get the job done so i continued you. Sucked all the air out the system and the gauge wouldnt even go up. Everything else still worked and got the job done, but the gauge is still stuck at 25.

I think my buddy i work with might have tried to turn the gauge instead of the part above the adaptor that tightens the seal and locks it in place, but im not sure. I love this kit, it works great, but now i cant tell if theres a leak in the system/if the system is losing pressure because the gauge is stuck. Is there anyway i can fix it? Or is it junk n needs to be replaced or set to snap on to have fixed?
rdwaaw
Your Location: Minnesota

Re: Radkitplusa gauge stuck

Post by rdwaaw »

Probably best to replace it. It may not ever function properly again.
That said. Try:
Hold the fitting going into gauge body and twist on the gauge.
or: If there are screws in the back, take the lens off, take the screws out and inspect.
I personally would question the accuracy and function even if it worked again!
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Re: Radkitplusa gauge stuck

Post by Gregorygoard »