Tool Identification

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Harry_Flyer
Your Location: Burlington, NC

Tool Identification

Post by Harry_Flyer »

I have a Snap-on tool that I need some help identifying. It looks similar to a "C" clamp that is hinged at the rear, it has two aligned rollers at the front one on top of the other. The top one looks like a knurling roller of some sort with a 3/8" square drive in the end for a wrench to turn. The lower roller is just a plain flat roller which runs against the top wheel. It has a hand wheel positioned about halfway back between the rollers and the hinge joint which allows you to dial in tension or pressure between the two rollers. It appears to be some kind of knurling or shrinking tool for thin sheet metal. It has Snap on tools name embossed on the side and a part/item number also on the side "A-190A USA" of the lower frame. Apparently this tool I have found out was made around the year 1957 according to the marking "#7" around the square drive end. If anyone can please help me in identifying this tool and what it is potentially worth it will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help. :? :ugeek:
100_0504.JPG
100_0504.JPG (242.78 KiB) Viewed 584 times
Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Re: Tool Identification

Post by Gregorygoard »

Gregorygoard
Your Location: Zambia

Re: Tool Identification

Post by Gregorygoard »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо